Essential oils are super concentrated oils made from plants. Some are made from the bark, some from leaves, some from roots, others from flowers, and some are even from the skin of fruits. All of Ollie's oils are 100% pure, brought straight from farmers and distillers to you.
Ceylon cinnamon, or true cinnamon, as it is popularly known, originates from Sri Lanka. Dried inner bark of this tree is steam distilled or water distilled to produce oil. Unlike its more commonly available cousin Cassia, this species is contains very little naturally occuring coumarin. Cinnamon Bark Oil is considered to be of the strongest natural antibacterial agents and it also has anti-clotting properties. It reduces spasms, reduces gas and improves appetite.
Use in toothpaste; make your own all-natural toothpaste with refreshing, cleansing Cinnamon Bark Oil
- Apply (diluted) on the skin to relieve infections, treat minor wounds, and guard against insects
- Dab a few drops on a piece of cloth to inhale from it; its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties help with coughs, colds
- Add a few drops in your bath
- Use as a flavouring agent in your cooking to impart a cinnamony spicy flavour
- Recommended diffuser blend - 2 drops of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil, 2 drops of Clove Bud Oil, 2 drops of Ginger Oil
- Taking Cinnamon Oil orally or through mucous membranes may cause side effects such as diarrhoea, vomiting, dizziness and drowsiness
How is this product sustainable?
- Essential oils used are sourced directly from farms, enabling micro farmers to thrive financially
- No middle layers between the farmers and Ollie means reduced carbon footprint from shipping and packaging
- Sourced from farm that does not employ harmful chemicals in their cultivation and production of oils